Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shelter in rain....

Today while returning home it was heavily raining. Though I love rain, for some reason today wasn't so good. This is probably the first time I was out in a car when it rains at Bangalore. All I saw on the roads were not surprising. Its something that we see every time it rains.

It was a pity to see two wheelers riding their vehicle in rain with some just getting drenched and others having a person at the back seat holding an umbrella. Though we started discussing on how bad we(Indians) are when it comes to safety and following the traffic rules, I somehow pitied them for they may not be able to afford a car. Well, they could very well wait and go when the rain stops, yet it was almost late night. Even they would be in a mood to rush home.

What upset me the most on the roads today was when we reached Hosur main road. A lorry right in front of us was carrying, atleast 15, max 20 men, who seemed to be road workers. The only way they could protect themselves from the rain was with the workers-cap. I could not figure out if they were going to work in such dark and rainy night or if they were returning home after work.

We were happily going home in our car whereas they were going to / returning from work in a lorry in the cold rain. I could see them facing down and holding themselves tight so that they could withstand the chillness at least a little bit. I was a little angry and upset, but I don't know whom I should actually be angry at. Is it the politicians or is it the worker's boss who have not provided them with a proper vehicle to travel. After all, a lorry is supposed to carry goods, not human being.

After seeing all these I realize how blessed I am to have such good family and also all the facilities that I enjoy. On one hand I thank God for the blessings he has given, on the other, I sure am upset about these people who don't have these privileges. But I only hope they get good food to eat, good shelter to sleep and proper clothes to wear.

No comments: